Our little Beau turned one on August 10th. He is so fun to have around. Here’s a few things about him:
1. He weighs 19 lbs. 8 oz.
2. He is so friendly!
3. He loves to climb the stairs but he knows he’s not supposed to…so he climbs two stairs and then looks back at us smiling, waiting for us to see that he really is about to do it anyway.
4. He is a great eater. He eats anything and lots of it.
5. He calls for dad every morning when he wakes up.
6. He likes to go down the slide by himself now.
7. He has become a typical, destructive little boy. He knocks down towers that Kayli builds and laughs, he throws blocks and laughs, he whacks things with his golf club, and he climbs on everything. I didn’t grow up with brothers and Kayli plays so gently and talks so softly to her babies that I am having to get used to all this boy behavior! Haha. It’s fun.
The night before his birthday we took him miniature golfing and he had a blast running around with a golf club in hand attempting to hit the ball.
On his birthday we played with balloons, gave him his present, went to Cafe Rio and to the park.
We also had a big FLIPnOUT birthday party for him. We had so much fun. Beau loves to jump on the trampolines and play the arcade games. He also LOVED his birthday cake which was pretty exciting for me because Kayli wanted nothing to do with her first birthday cake. He ate the cake with his fork and hardly even made a mess!
I didn’t get very many pictures of guests but we had a great time and Beau got some awesome presents!
I hate taking kids to the doctor. Kayli HATES the doctor and always has. She won’t let him close and they basically have to fight her to get anything done. She’s also puked on him a few times. Beau doesn’t mind the doctor at all and is so smiley and friendly with him but he HATED the wait at his 1 year old check-up…I waited in the waiting room for an hour which is very rare for my doctor’s office but I had both kids with me and both of them were on one…both wanted to run around and scream and play and there were so many people waiting that day. At one point Kayli belted, “A Child’s Prayer” so that Beau would calm down which is cute and all…at home. Then with Kayli having to go to the bathroom twice, running out the office door a million times, and Beau screaming…it was just bad. It happens I guess. This pretty much sums up the entire almost two-hour visit…haha.
A few weeks ago, my best friends and I finally cashed in on our Mother’s Day presents…our GIRLS TRIP to Newport/Huntington Beach for two days. It was perfect. These girls and I have been on many beach trips together and have tons of fun memories and this just added another fun story! I think I might need this for Mother’s Day every year…it was so relaxing, so funny, and just so much fun.
Kenny was such a good sport about taking care of the kids for the weekend and I’m pretty sure the kids had a blast with dad running the show…
The next weekend it was back to California for me but this time I took the fam too. We met Josh and Mandy in Newport and ended up also getting to hang out with Clark and Jennifer-all our good friends from our time living in San Diego!
We’ve had a pretty fun summer. There’s been lots going on that has kept us busy and been fun at the same time. Here’s a few things we’ve done recently.
Movie at the church…
National Night Out at the Park…Kayli’s in a SWAT truck!
And cousin Kate was born! She is Kelsi and Nick’s cute little girl.
Now there are 4 grandkids on the Eliason side! And all of a sudden Beau looks sooooo big!
Yesterday Kenny and a few friends went mountain biking up at Brianhead! Isn’t the background pretty? (And some would say I don’t like nature…)
And a few things about Kayli…
1. She loves to pretend. She is always going to the royal ball, or the beach, or riding in a carriage. Her closet is where all the magic happens and poor Beau is always getting dragged in there so he can be the Prince. A few family members have even had to sit in there attending the royal ball. Haha.
2. She has the vocabulary of like a 10-year-old.
3. Yesterday she told Beau he was stupid. Poor Beau…at least she didn’t call him Dumb. Then he’d be Dumbo. Hehe.
4. She HATES nursery. I could vent about that for a few more paragraphs so I’ll leave it at that 🙂
5. She makes up songs. It’s amazing. She takes a tune she knows and puts new words to it. Sometimes our dinner conversation is all to a song.
6. She’s a little teacher in training…she is always teaching me the ABCs.