We took some pictures of the kids just for fun…
My sisters and Em went to the Ashton Zyer concert at the Smith Center. It’s become tradition and we do it every year. We went shopping and had dinner with mom before that. It was a fun Girls Day!
I turned 29 last month. I had a good day with family and friends. I loved my card from Kayli and that my friends showed up with donuts that morning.
Kenny went to a Conference in Seattle. He loved it there and wants to go back!
The next week me and the kids headed to Utah to spend some time with my family up there. We rode up with Rachel and her kids. We weren’t quite sure how the trip would go with all the kids but we survived. Mom and Dad were in Idaho helping Kim pack up to come home from school so we met them in Orem. We hadn’t seen Kim in 3 months and the kids were so excited when she showed up at Grandma Varney’s house!
We were there for the 24th of July and it was fun watching the Spanish Fork Parade, going to the Mapleton Carnival, and then watching Mapleton’s awesome fireworks show! Beau loved the big trucks in parade and Kayli loved hanging out with Kim.
Beau loved watching the fireworks show with Grandpa but Kayli slept through the entire thing!
The kids played at Great Grandma’s house and helped Grandma and Grandpa weed Grandpa Varney’s garden.
We went to the Museum of Natural Curiosity at Thanksgiving Point with a lot of my cousins. It was awesome!
We went to Swig with Cindy’s family.
We wet to the Scera pool with Kyle and Kristee. The kids loved this slide!
One of my favorite things to do in the summer in Utah is sit out on the lawn all night.
Rachel and I were feeling pretty accomplished that we survived the road trip with these four. They actually did pretty good! Until Emma threw up when we were stopped for construction and couldn’t go anywhere…good times.
We finally went to the Discovery Museum here in Vegas. Kayli loved working at Jamba Juice and Beau loved being a mechanic.
We also went to Springs Preserve.
The kids love swimming this year. Neither one of them have had swim lessons but they are little fish. Beau is the scariest dare devil and will jump off of the cliffs and go down the slides all by himself. He comes up from under the water and always signs “more”.
Grandpa Eliason had a birthday. We asked Kayli what she thought he would like for his birthday and she said a FLIPnOUT shirt because he loves FLIPnOUT! Haha! We were dying. So that’s what she gave him! (He’s the owner).
Beau turned 2 on August 10th. His birthday was so much fun because he was so excited about everything! He loves the movies Cars and Planes and anything that has to do with them so he was in heaven when he opened Cars and Planes presents. It was too cute! He did awesome blowing out the candles. He waited so patiently while we sang and then blew the candles out like he knew exactly the drill. We had a little birthday cake get-together with some family and friends and Beau is still enjoying the mess of toys all over my living room.
A little about Beau at age 2:
1. He is 50th percentile height, weight, and head size. The doctor said he’s as average as can be. Haha.
2. He is rambunctious. He is constantly sweaty from all of his running around. He’s a super fast runner and likes to keep up with the big kids. He’s a daredevil and super brave.
3. He loves to eat cereal straight from the box.
4. He likes to hide from us.
5. I really think he has a special gift of just making people happy. He can instantly put a smile on your face and make you feel special. He’s always running up to people he knows and saying hi and giving hugs. He loves to give hugs and kisses and cuddle and he’s funny.
6. He likes to hide in the pantry and eat snacks.
7. His favorite toys are Cars, Planes, and his new train tracks.
8. He is very passionate about things that he loves. When we pass a truck he points and screams “TRUCK!” Over and over. Same thing goes for plane, tractor, bird, etc.
9. He loves to help load the washer and dryer and unload the dishwasher and set the table.
10. He likes to get books from the library about tractors, trains, boats, cars, etc.
I guess I could go on and on about how cool of a kid he is but I’ll stop there. We love our Mr. Bobo.
Kayli is responsible, studious, and imaginative. She loves to help do chores around the house too. She hasn’t even started preschool yet but is always wanting to play school and do homework. She loves to learn new things. She loves to draw and everyday is getting better at drawing. She loves to give us presents (drawings) and they are the cutest things ever. She loves sunbeams and soaks it all in. She likes to teach us just like her teachers. She also loves to play singing time and does whatever the chorister did that day in primary. She loves singing and she’s loving the High School Musical songs. She’s pretty much got all of the songs memorized and loves to sing karaoke at Grandma England’s house-only if not too many people are listening. She also loves swimming. She likes to play pretend and has discovered Barbies. She loves taking pictures. She loves to organize. It’s awesome. She is always cleaning out her cubbies and organizing them and cleaning out her drawers and getting rid of clothes that don’t fit her.